Delta2 Observations

This is a place to keep notes about what's happening at White Rock, Delta 2, Harrison Mills and Lafarge while we wait for the Hancock Wildlife site to be back on line.
Darlene

Re: Delta2 Observations

Post by Darlene » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:51 pm

In on the cams for an hour
Darlene, Langley BC

JudyB

Post by JudyB » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:40 pm

It looks as if you found an eagle on one of the poles, Darlene! And I can't believe how plush the nest is looking - I know we say "trust the eagles" - I think this is one of the times that proves it! :love:

Darlene

Post by Darlene » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:52 pm

1:51 Adult in one of the fir trees
Darlene, Langley BC

Darlene

Post by Darlene » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:53 pm

JudyB wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:40 pm
It looks as if you found an eagle on one of the poles, Darlene! And I can't believe how plush the nest is looking - I know we say "trust the eagles" - I think this is one of the times that proves it! :love:
Hi Judy! They sure have the nest looking like it's ready to go for spring already! :love:
Darlene, Langley BC

Darlene

Post by Darlene » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:03 pm

2:03 Out of Delta cams
Darlene, Langley BC

phil

Post by phil » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:56 pm

I like the look of the new page, but you still have to go to the You Tube page top go full screen.

JudyB

Post by JudyB » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:28 pm

Welcome, Phil! And I'm afraid that's right - that's a constraint that appears to be built into the code from our streaming partners at WildEarth, and I don't know if that will change when the new site is closer to being completely live rather than in design and testing. One can get there with a couple of clicks - but that doesn't help when something's happening fast.

And thanks for the compliment! Gemini and I are just beginning to learn some of the more advanced WordPress code used there, and were quite happy with how it turned out!

JudyB

Post by JudyB » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:06 am

Friday, November 10, 2017

Good morning, everyone! Wonderful to see people stopping by, and please feel free to post observations here so others will know what's happening at the nest. I know we're all eager to get back to our home "nest" on the HWF forum (and I think I can guarantee that no one is more eager for that to happen than our tech person Ken, who has been working very hard for the last 10 days to achieve that :thumbup: ) - and observers are welcome to join the forum and post here while we're waiting for that to happen. We do need to approve new members manually, so you may need to wait a bit to get the email saying your account is activated (or whatever it actually says) as we're not online all the time (surprise! ;) ).

And - what perfect timing! I was getting ready to say that no one was there and that I hadn't seen any eagles in the half hour or so that I'd been watching when....

7:02 am
A couple of minutes ago a zoomer arrived - and as soon as the West cam moved up to the branches or a neighboring tree, an eagle arrived - and then a second eagle arrived!

Unfortunately only admins can post pictures here - though anyone can post a link to a picture they've posted somewhere else, like a Flickr account, or a link to a YouTube video - but it's been a while since we've seen them, so even though it's still a bit gray, I thought I'd add a picture.

Thank you, zoomer!

Added - the zoomer just gave us a closer look, so I'm going to replace my picture with a closeup.
20171110_006.jpg
The reason for the limitation on pictures is because we don't have the room for storage that HWF has on its servers, and pictures can take up a lot of room quickly.

I'm afraid I need to leave and run some errands - but wonderful to see an eagle before I go! Bye!

JudyB

Post by JudyB » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:31 am

7:30 am
Both are still there (is there a name for the tree where they are perched?) - and the west cam has also switched to color - a bit of sunrise above the hills and below the clouds - quite lovely, especially with eagles.

JudyB

Post by JudyB » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:17 pm

1:57 pm
I just looked in and I see our zoomers are hard at work! And I see they've found one of the adults in an evergreen tree - I think the same tree as earlier today, but I won't know for sure unless one of them checks in to post an update.

For those of you on Facebook, there are lots of videos there - http://www.facebook.com/pg/Hancock-Wild ... 79/videos/ - and everyone should be able to see all our videos on the HWF YouTube channel - (and I can't figure how to find/post the user-friendly link, but this should work) - http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiO_1nC ... IUQ/videos. I know there's a way that includes our name, but I can't for the life of me find where YouTube hid the videos once I logged into the site. Sigh.

Anyway, you can view what's happening through our new Live Cams page using the link in my signature line - and the zoomers are doing a great job of finding the eagles (who were just perched on one of the distant towers, and one is still there.