Harrison Mills Observations

This is a place to keep notes about what's happening at White Rock, Delta 2, Harrison Mills and Lafarge while we wait for the Hancock Wildlife site to be back on line.
yojopro

Re: Harrison Mills Observations 2015

Post by yojopro » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:57 pm

Hi everyone - you'll be happy to know that Dad arrived close to Mom and Dad's perch at 8:41pm. He hasn't been going to the actual perch named - but he has been popping in to that tree.

Mom was just up to change position and roll the eggs. She's staring at Dad preening in the tree - but it looks as if she will nod off soon.

Thanks so much for going to the back-up forum,Bev [and thanks to you, JudyB for setting it up!]. I managed to capture some of the events on the nest today only because I had access to the forum for quite a while. Unfortunately, that all ended eventually!

Night - Cheers

yojopro

Post by yojopro » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:59 pm

Sorry - seem to have double posted..

IrishEyes

Re: Harrison Mills Observations 2017

Post by IrishEyes » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:43 am

Thursday, April 27, 2017.

Weather Report

Good Morning Honeycombs....Yolande....Gail ..Judy.. Pat . Steph and all who watch this nest and thanks Yolande for the updates last night and happy you were able to get on the forum... :thumbup:

2:41am .Wind is howling...Mom is sleeping with her head tucked in her wings incubating the eggs

3:28a..3:31am...Mom is awake preening ... she shook her feathers .. rolled the eggs... Aerates the nest bole.. shimmies on the eggs ..incubating them... it is windy ...

3:33am. Mom is sleeping with her head tucked in her wings... incubating the eggs... wind is blowing her coat feathers ..

3:47a.. No change
Last edited by IrishEyes on Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Live Cams : https://hancockwildlife.org/project/live-cams/

Be Respectful ! --- Bev !

IrishEyes

Post by IrishEyes » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:27 am

5:22a.Mom is awake ..she is quiet..incubating the eggs ...looking to the right

5:23a COTG ..Mom left quietly at 5:23a to the right and Dad flew in from the right at 5:25a ... I am on the S Cam

BB soon.

6:28a.Dad is quiet incubating the eggs

Videomark COTG at 5:23a... click on the arrow
Last edited by IrishEyes on Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

IrishEyes

Post by IrishEyes » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:45 am

6:43a Dad flew of to the right ... and is right back via the BB .. and settled on the eggs

7:04am COTG.Dad sees Mom and is calling and flew of to the right and Mom is in right away from the BB .... rolled the eggs and is incubating them

Videomark.. COTG at 7:04am

7:15a.Mom is quiet and looking around .. esp. around the trunk of the tree...

7:37a..Mom is quiet and is looking around in all directions wind blowing her head and coat feathers..

7:43a.[/b].. I can hear the workers out front! ... Mom is quiet incubating the eggs and looking around !

7:51a..No change here BB in 10mins

7:59am. Mom is quiet incubating the eggs

8:03am I missed mom repositioning and the wind is really blowing her coat feathers open .

8:38a.. No change ..Mom is quiet incubating the eggs

8:40am.COTG. Spoke too soon .Mom is calling .Dad is in with grass .. Mom flew of to the right ..Dad responded to Mom ..He rolled the eggs and settled on them ..can hear Mom trilling..I wonder if she is on her perch out front :)

Lunch Time here...It is 8:52 am Nest time and Dad is quietly incubating the eggs ..BBL
Last edited by IrishEyes on Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IrishEyes

Post by IrishEyes » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:48 am

9:46a.. All is good here and Dad cont. to incubate the eggs with his fresh grass close to him.. :) .. wind comes in gusts

I am in and out!

Added
10:05a.. Dad aerates the nest bole... saw him roll one eggs shimmies and settles on the eggs.. tucking the gras close to him.. he is so funny.. watching him pull grass :D

10:14a.Dad is up again.. rolled one egg that I saw ..dug in the the nest bole .. and settled on the eggs .. incubating them and surrounded by grass .. :love:

10:59a COTG .. Mom on the ICB Dad called and is of the eggs... he went to BB called again .. Mom in the nest .. she rolled the eggs aerated the nest bole ... shimmied on the eggs incubating them and tucking in the grass .. :thumb:

All is going well here... Mom and Dad are taking turns incubating the eggs ! :love:

11:25a I saw Mom roll the eggs again a few mins.ago. she is incubating them with the bedding all tucked close to her :)

11:46a... BBL
Last edited by IrishEyes on Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IrishEyes

Post by IrishEyes » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:22 pm

12:20pm Mom is quiet incubating the eggs with the bedding all tucked close to her ! :love:

GOTG 1:03p Mom sees Dad.. she is calling .. she is off the eggs looking towards the runway... she flew to ICB... and left from there
1:04p Dad flew on the nest pass the runway and settled on the eggs ..

1:07pm Dad has the bedding all tucked close to him incubating the eggs ... windy

1:44pm..Windy.. Dad is incubating the eggs ..

2:10pm. Dad cont. to incubate the eggs.. windy

yojopro

Post by yojopro » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:58 pm

Hi everyone! Just getting back and logged in to HWF with no problem. That lasted about 30 seconds! When I tried to go from the observations page to the PTZ sign-in page, I got that really annoying 'fake HWF' page we were getting yesterday.

Will keep trying.

2:57pm Looks like Dad in the nest..he was up to dig and to move the eggs a bit - now he's settled on the eggs and bringing nesting material in closer.
Last edited by yojopro on Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IrishEyes

Post by IrishEyes » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:24 pm

Hi Yolande and thanks for the update .. I haven't been able to get on the forum at all.. I have been reporting here all day'.
3:22 pm... Dad is incubating the eggs..
Last edited by IrishEyes on Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yojopro

Post by yojopro » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:27 pm

Hi again - I took a look around on the NPTZ and didn't see any sign of Mom.

Dad is quiet in the nest - no change.