Harrison Mills Observations

This is a place to keep notes about what's happening at White Rock, Delta 2, Harrison Mills and Lafarge while we wait for the Hancock Wildlife site to be back on line.
IrishEyes

Re: Harrison Mills Observations 2015

Post by IrishEyes » Fri May 01, 2015 11:22 am

Thanks for the pictures Judy ........

Hi Yolande and Dan.

ETA
I have the embedded cams on FF..........
Live Cams : https://hancockwildlife.org/project/live-cams/

Be Respectful ! --- Bev !

dmitch

Post by dmitch » Fri May 01, 2015 11:37 am

IrishEyes wrote:Thanks for the pictures Judy ........

Hi Yolande and Dan.

ETA
Nothing here yet Bev on FF or IE..........hopefully soon

IrishEyes

Post by IrishEyes » Fri May 01, 2015 11:47 am

dmitch wrote:
IrishEyes wrote:Thanks for the pictures Judy ........

Hi Yolande and Dan.

ETA
Nothing here yet Bev on FF or IE..........hopefully soon

HI Dan, sorry about that........I think i was lucky to get them just at the time the forum was up for a few mins...

JudyB

Post by JudyB » Fri May 01, 2015 12:03 pm

IrishEyes wrote:HWF FOrum is up

11:10 ,It is down again..sorry

ETA
I was busy zooming in on the eggs while Mom was feeding the chick but i did her eat well again.
While I'm thinking of it, in the past when the forum has been down for a while, generally when it comes back up, Bev usually goes in and reserves however many posts she thinks she'll need for transferring the info from here and adding pictures, and then others can add highlights or additional pictures, and also start posting real-time observations fairly soon after we're up and running.

Or at least I think that's what usually happens.... :hiding:

Where it's been down so long this time - and so much has happened - I'm wondering if it would make sense for Bev (or one of us if she's not available) to immediately reserve 6-8 posts, which can be used for a bare-bones timeline (when crack was seen, when cams were down [with thanks to Ken for getting them back so promptly], when pip was seen, when food was delivered, maybe COTG - just time and what happened, with a couple of pictures each) - and then I'll set up another thread for Expanded Coverage of Events while the Forum was Down (need a better title, I think). And if we keep things sort of chronological in the overflow thread, we can add a "click for more info/pictures" link to each item. Or something like that.

Looking back, it looks as if Bev was able to move the posts from April 28 up to about 6 pm back to the HWF forum - and at that point there was a crack in the egg first seen about 8:23 am. The forum went down again around 7:30 pm (viewtopic.php?p=343#p343), and a small hole was seen shortly after that. The cams all went down at 11:13 pm - and stayed down until about 8:40 am on April 29, when the North cams came back up (viewtopic.php?p=353#p353). South zoomer cam came back around 1 pm, and the embedded cam was back a few minutes later. The hole in the egg continued to grow through the afternoon, and the shell split in two around 3:52 pm (viewtopic.php?p=422#p422). Hatch was complete by 4:10 pm (viewtopic.php?p=431#p431).

The hatch was on page 18 here - and we're now on page 32 - so I think we'll have a lot of information to transfer. :)

And I think I'd better get back to work - bye!

IrishEyes

Post by IrishEyes » Fri May 01, 2015 12:05 pm

I will post what i saw......no times sorry........ I was zooming on the N Cam......Mom was off the nest bowl....... calling and she left .... I was zooming and i saw Dad coming in on the tear and he arrived on the nest..... I then zoomed in on the egg... i didn't see the PIP this time.... Dad looked at the left over fish....... seemed like he was wondering what to do......... chick was sitting is nest peeping.......DAd settled on the chick and egg...

dmitch

Post by dmitch » Fri May 01, 2015 12:09 pm

No views of the pip from the South cam..........

12:10.........Dad working on the bowl........face plant by the wee one :)

IrishEyes

Post by IrishEyes » Fri May 01, 2015 12:14 pm

JudyB wrote:
IrishEyes wrote:HWF FOrum is up

11:10 ,It is down again..sorry

ETA
I was busy zooming in on the eggs while Mom was feeding the chick but i did her eat well again.
While I'm thinking of it, in the past when the forum has been down for a while, generally when it comes back up, Bev usually goes in and reserves however many posts she thinks she'll need for transferring the info from here and adding pictures, and then others can add highlights or additional pictures, and also start posting real-time observations fairly soon after we're up and running.

Or at least I think that's what usually happens.... :hiding:

Where it's been down so long this time - and so much has happened - I'm wondering if it would make sense for Bev (or one of us if she's not available) to immediately reserve 6-8 posts, which can be used for a bare-bones timeline (when crack was seen, when cams were down [with thanks to Ken for getting them back so promptly], when pip was seen, when food was delivered, maybe COTG - just time and what happened, with a couple of pictures each) - and then I'll set up another thread for Expanded Coverage of Events while the Forum was Down (need a better title, I think). And if we keep things sort of chronological in the overflow thread, we can add a "click for more info/pictures" link to each item. Or something like that.

Looking back, it looks as if Bev was able to move the posts from April 28 up to about 6 pm back to the HWF forum - and at that point there was a crack in the egg first seen about 8:23 am. The forum went down again around 7:30 pm (viewtopic.php?p=343#p343), and a small hole was seen shortly after that. The cams all went down at 11:13 pm - and stayed down until about 8:40 am on April 29, when the North cams came back up (viewtopic.php?p=353#p353). South zoomer cam came back around 1 pm, and the embedded cam was back a few minutes later. The hole in the egg continued to grow through the afternoon, and the shell split in two around 3:52 pm (viewtopic.php?p=422#p422). Hatch was complete by 4:10 pm (viewtopic.php?p=431#p431).

The hatch was on page 18 here - and we're now on page 32 - so I think we'll have a lot of information to transfer. :)

And I think I'd better get back to work - bye!
Hi Judy..... I did reserve a bunch of posts when the forum was up..they maybe be gone now,.time will tell.and thank so much for all you are doing..... i will do my best when the forum comes up or like you said i may not be here and thank you for offering to that...... :grouphug:

dmitch

Post by dmitch » Fri May 01, 2015 12:18 pm

Bev....Judy............by chance you are not available, can I reserve posts that you can then access later?

Added......I should be here most of the day.......if someone wants on the South cam give it a wiggle :)

IrishEyes

Post by IrishEyes » Fri May 01, 2015 12:21 pm

12:20pm

HI.I am AFK for 15 min.I will stay on the NPTZ unless some one else wants it......TY

Dad is currently on the nest

IrishEyes

Post by IrishEyes » Fri May 01, 2015 12:24 pm

TY Dan.... I did reserve a bunch when the forum was up temporarily.,if they are gone and we are not here...you sure can :grouphug: