Harrison Mills Observations

This is a place to keep notes about what's happening at White Rock, Delta 2, Harrison Mills and Lafarge while we wait for the Hancock Wildlife site to be back on line.
yojopro

Re: Harrison Mills Observations 2015

Post by yojopro » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:14 pm

JudyB wrote:Hi everyone - I also can't get the cams.

Today is only day 33, and I think I can only remember once when an egg might have hatched before Day 35, so I'm guessing we won't see any preliminary cracking until tomorrow at the earliest. But only the egg knows for sure. :D
[And 'the Shadow']! Wouldn't that be interesting if we had an early hatch - sounds like it's very unusual.

Dad is wriggling around a bit, and keeping an eye out for Mom - I think....very quiet out there...looks like the wind has completely died down now...

yojopro

Post by yojopro » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:23 pm

4:21pm I just popped on the SPTZ for a sec since Dad was raised up a bit and I wanted to get a better [or any] view of the chick. All looks good - the chick was wiggling around and looking up at Dad who has now settled back down...

4:25pm I can hear Mom - perhaps she will be back soon to feed the chick...

4:29pm popped back on the SPTZ for another quick look - chick was partially uncovered and very lively - enjoying a bit of a look at the new world...

4:45pm Unfortunately, I have to go now.

Dad was just up and digging in the nest bowl - I just caught a tiny glimpse of the egg - but did see Dad give it a good roll.

I am off the NPTZ :)

IrishEyes

Post by IrishEyes » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:57 pm

4:50pm
HI everyone.I will sign in the N PTZ Cam and TY Yolande

I am using a MAC and don't have a sound on the PTZ Cams .......and Dad is on the nest...

I am thinking there is no news on the embedded cams....
5:11pm
I can see Dad looking around and see his beak opening and closing like calling.

5:12pm...
Dad is off the nest and left to the left.,,Mom arrived ,in the meantime.....I zoomed in on the egg and chick .egg was intact on this view....and the chick is sitting up ..too sweet, and i notice that most of the egg shell is all broken and is part of the nest.

5:14pm
Mom is feeding the chick and the feeding is going well .chick is still wobbly as to be expected [ 25 hours old] :love: Mom is so patient..her big beak feeding the tiny wee one........
5:18pm. Mom settled on the chick..I didn't see an egg roll.... all is good......
Last edited by IrishEyes on Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Live Cams : https://hancockwildlife.org/project/live-cams/

Be Respectful ! --- Bev !

IrishEyes

Post by IrishEyes » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:30 pm

5:29pm
Mom is picking at the bedding....... maybe snapping gnats

ADDED
5:42pm
Mom is content and watchful brooding/ incubating
5:45pm .5:51pm
Mom is at top of nest ..pulling at the duck...de feathering it....and is feeding the chick.Mom gave the chick a few bites.has some herself and offers more to the wee one.
5:52pm
THe chick is great little eater :thumbup:
5:54pm
Mom settled on the chick and egg......she dug in the nest bowl......and it was hard to tell for sure but i didn't see an egg roll..... Mom is brooding/incubating

IrishEyes

Post by IrishEyes » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:13 pm

6:10pm
Mom lifts slightly off the nest.......saw her dig a bit.....back down and wiggles back and forth on the chick and egg

ADDED
6:32pm
Mom is quiet brooding the chick and incubating the egg :love:

I am looking at Mom.............and do any of you ever wonder what these beautiful creatures are thinking? I like to think that Mom is thinking how lucky her and Dad are to have one beautiful chick and hopefully a second one.... so happy for them....... i know all of us are...... they deserve this...... :love:

It is almost 11pm here and i had a long day and iw ill soon have to sing off..........

IrishEyes

Post by IrishEyes » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:55 pm

6:54
Mom is up,;chick has a PS :thumbup: ........Mom is feeding her now..I will watch the feeding....
7:02pm
It was another great feeding... the chick has a good crop............. :clap:
7:03pm
Mom settled on the chick.i saw her roll the egg........ she did some nest bowl digging ..... and Mom is brooding the chick and incubating the egg......... the egg is intact from what i saw........

It was a good day on this nest......the chick ate well........ small frequent feedings....all feedings were by MOm...... DAd was on the nest brooding and Incubating this afternoon and he make a few visits to check on things earlier.... he brought in one whole small fish... Mom had a nice break.which was good,,,,
7:17pm
It is time for me to say Good Night to the Honeycomb Family and Friends..... thank you JudyB, Yolande, Dan, MIchelle, Sue, Marg for today and to all who stopped in here ...have a good night all ..... :grouphug:

I am off the NPTZ Cam.

JudyB

Post by JudyB » Fri May 01, 2015 5:32 am

Friday, May 1, 2015
#1 is 2 days old, and today is Day 34 for the remaining egg

I'm on the North PTZ - happy to let others take over, but the embedded cams are still down so this is the only way I can watch

5:30 am
I'm guessing this is Mom on the nest, and she just woke up and is moving around. Chick is sleeping as she readjusts and settles back down. I think it's getting light, though sometimes hard to tell.

5:42 am
Little one is peeking out from under Mom.

Pat B

Post by Pat B » Fri May 01, 2015 5:42 am

JudyB wrote:Friday, May 1, 2015
#1 is 2 days old, and today is Day 34 for the remaining egg

I'm on the North PTZ - happy to let others take over, but the embedded cams are still down so this is the only way I can watch

5:30 am
I'm guessing this is Mom on the nest, and she just woke up and is moving around. Chick is sleeping as she readjusts and settles back down. I think it's getting light, though sometimes hard to tell.
I tried, but I'm just getting the dreaded circle!

Ah - you said the PTZ cams - I'll try that.
SAVE THE EARTH
It's the only planet with chocolate

JudyB

Post by JudyB » Fri May 01, 2015 5:46 am

Hi Pat! I'm guessing that Ken will have to reboot the computer that sends the signal from HM to WildEarth for distribution - and don't know if he can do that remotely, or if he'd have to drive out there.

I'm guessing if he can't do it in a few seconds from home, it will have to wait until he either gets the old server up and running for a few more days, or until he finishes setting up the new server - unless someone else can drive out. I think David will be back from a speaking engagement today, and there's another tech person who may also know how to do that. Keeping fingers crossed.

Added -
just saw your addition to your post, Pat - and North PTZ is working fine and I'm guessing South is too, though I haven't looked.

Pat B

Post by Pat B » Fri May 01, 2015 5:48 am

Nope - I must have an old link!

Can you PM what it should be?

ETA
I have found the 'safe place'
But I have to activate a lego brick - and it's not happening!
SAVE THE EARTH
It's the only planet with chocolate