Harrison Mills Observations

This is a place to keep notes about what's happening at White Rock, Delta 2, Harrison Mills and Lafarge while we wait for the Hancock Wildlife site to be back on line.
yojopro

Re: Harrison Mills Observations 2015

Post by yojopro » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:34 pm

2:33pm Dad is here - I was closing in on the egg and chick so didn't see the change...he has settled down nicely....I checked out the egg, and didn't see any marks on it....

Dad just up, and repositioned on the chick and the egg...up again and pulling moss into the nest bowl...I can hear Mom calling...

2:38pm Gosh! Dad up again and getting things just so...that is one loud chick peeping away...Dad still wriggling around to get things right...

ADD: The chick was trying to hold it's head up and doing well - I am amazed at how observant it is - looking around and then up at Dad as he settled :D

yojopro

Post by yojopro » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:48 pm

Dad is rearranging some moss and briefly played with a stick - he can't stop housekeeping - has to have something to do... :lol:

Now he is partly up and digging in the nest bowl - and then back to the sticks..the chick was sitting on Dad's foot and got a bit of a roll with all that shuffling and digging...

2:55pm Mom not on her perch by the river....

yojopro

Post by yojopro » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:12 pm

Dad has his head tucked back between his wings - I thought he was going to preen, but it looks instead like he is having a little snooze...

3:13pm Dad now looking around so he must have heard something...

Wonder when he is going to feed his chick?

3:19pm Just tried the WE cams - not up
Last edited by yojopro on Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IrishEyes

Post by IrishEyes » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:16 pm

BBl.........i had a good supper
Last edited by IrishEyes on Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Live Cams : https://hancockwildlife.org/project/live-cams/

Be Respectful ! --- Bev !

yojopro

Post by yojopro » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:22 pm

IrishEyes wrote:CHecking in.........Hi Yolande and Dan.

Still no embedded cams .nice to see DAd on the nest.Ken must be at his wits end ........i feel so bad for him.

LOL DId Mom eat the fish? SHe had it cover earlier....... i know the Chick is eating great,...... she will soon be one day old,,, :love:
Hi Bev - Just checked around the nest again in case I missed it on the first pass, but - no fish that I can see...glad you had something tasty, Bev - you must have been famished!

And, Hi Dan!
Last edited by yojopro on Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

IrishEyes

Post by IrishEyes » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:24 pm

yojopro wrote:
IrishEyes wrote:CHecking in.........Hi Yolande and Dan.

Still no embedded cams .nice to see DAd on the nest.Ken must be at his wits end ........i feel so bad for him.

LOL DId Mom eat the fish? SHe had it cover earlier....... i know the Chick is eating great,...... she will soon be one day old,,, :love:
Hi Bev - Just checked around the nest again in case I missed it on the first pass, but - no fish that I can see...

And, Hi Dan!
I guess Mom ate it or fed to the wee one :)
Live Cams : https://hancockwildlife.org/project/live-cams/

Be Respectful ! --- Bev !

yojopro

Post by yojopro » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:28 pm

I guess it's easier to deal with than the duck - still a lot of defeathering to be done on that before it becomes more of a meal....especially for a chick ;)

Dad hasn't been up for quite a while - not since his 'housekeeping spree' so may be up soon [hope so anyway!] I am hoping to get another good look at the egg.... :?:

3:36pm A quick look around on the NPTZ and Mom is not on her perch by the river or at the riverview...

Dad still settled in the nest bowl.

amd

Post by amd » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:41 pm

:grouphug: Thank you Bev, Yolande, Dan for all the reports this afternoon.....(as well as to anyone that I might have missed!)

So wonderful to hear how well baby is doing, I have been trying to get those wildearth cams running with no luck, and ditto for Judy's special links.... :(
so really appreciating the play by plays ....
Last edited by amd on Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yojopro

Post by yojopro » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:46 pm

amd wrote::grouphug: Thank you Bev, Yolande, Dan for all the reports this afternoon.....

So wonderful to hear how well baby is doing, I have been trying to get those wildearth cams running with no luck, and ditto for Judy's special links.... :(
so really appreciating the play by plays ....
Hi Michelle and YW...It is frustrating, but fingers crossed we'll get the WE cams back soon .... there have been some good views of the chick and all seems excellent there - no marks on the egg that I could see earlier, but we shall see what we shall see next time around...I think Judy said earlier Saturday would be the earliest...

Dad is raised up and digging in the nest bowl - I can hear the chick peeping...
Last edited by yojopro on Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JudyB

Post by JudyB » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:52 pm

Hi everyone - I also can't get the cams.

Today is only day 33, and I think I can only remember once when an egg might have hatched before Day 35, so I'm guessing we won't see any preliminary cracking until tomorrow at the earliest. But only the egg knows for sure. :D