Harrison Mills Observations

This is a place to keep notes about what's happening at White Rock, Delta 2, Harrison Mills and Lafarge while we wait for the Hancock Wildlife site to be back on line.
amd

Re: Harrison Mills Observations 2015

Post by amd » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:30 am

AND ...the Honeycombs like to surprise us and keep us on our toes....you never know .... :D
I thought the wind was letting up, but nope....that was gusty a moment ago...Mom looks comfy and content

IrishEyes

Post by IrishEyes » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:34 am

11:32am.
The wind comes in gusts.Mom is staying close to the eggs.. LOL.... MIchelle that is so true..... time will tell.....

11:51am....Mom stays close to the eggs.......her head feathers blowing in the wind.

ADDED

12:02pm\
Mom stays very close to the eggs.I did see them ..TY Dan...... but i did have wee peek at the crack .. she rolled that egg and it rolled back..which is too be expected....
Mom settled on the eggs........ incubating them...
12:18pm
I heard Mom call.,she went to side of nest,.. i think Dad brought her a small fish... we both zoomed in the eggs....and crack was not in view,. Mom wasn't long before she settled back on the eggs.

ETA Crack was not in view that i saw
12:23pm
Mom incubating the eggs
ADDED
12:25pm
Mom repositioned.......... attended to the eggs ,staying very close to them.
Last edited by IrishEyes on Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Live Cams : https://hancockwildlife.org/project/live-cams/

Be Respectful ! --- Bev !

dmitch

Post by dmitch » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:29 pm

12:18pm

Hi Bev.........Dad brought in a fish for Mom. I did see the crack. It was the left/upper egg from the SCam. Looked to be towards the end of the egg. Definite pip. I'm smiling.

IrishEyes

Post by IrishEyes » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:33 pm

dmitch wrote:12:18pm

Hi Bev.........Dad brought in a fish for Mom. I did see the crack. It was the left/upper egg from the SCam. Looked to be towards the end of the egg.

HI Dan.........and thank you so much......... i missed seeing the crack in the egg that time.......... my eyes are so tired........ i will take a break soon.........and Ty for being here...... :) and great zooming... :clap:

ADDED

YES! there is def a PIP........ sometimes it is a tad hidden...... and we are all :D . and :) from ear to ear........ it is wonderful Dan..................happy day on this nest...... :clap:
Last edited by IrishEyes on Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

amd

Post by amd » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:40 pm

I heard Mom call there....but alas only had the north cam up, was squinting alongside there with you Bev, so thank you Dan! Happy that you could see the pip on the south, now I have both cams up as I work. Glad that she had a mini snack too....gotta love Dad and his mini fish, it seemed like Mom was only up for a minute or less.
just missed her changing position again. 12:40 pm

IrishEyes

Post by IrishEyes » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:46 pm

amd wrote:I heard Mom call there....but alas only had the north cam up, was squinting alongside there with you Bev, so thank you Dan! Happy that you could see the pip on the south, now I have both cams up as I work. Glad that she had a mini snack too....gotta love Dad and his mini fish, it seemed like Mom was only up for a minute or less.
just missed her changing position again. 12:40 pm
HI MIchelle........Mom had a nice size fish at 7:20am also

Great day at this nest............ and we are all so happy for the Honeycombs and all of us........what a wonderful team we have here.... :grouphug:

IrishEyes

Post by IrishEyes » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:02 pm

1:01pm
I am bringing forward this post by JudyB

Postby JudyB » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:30 am
11:30 am pacific time (I think)

Ken is aware that the website and forum are down, but he's not near a computer at the moment, and it may be an hour or so before he gets to where he can take a look and hopefully reboot it.

amd

Post by amd » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:10 pm

thank you Bev, for bringing Judy's post forward ---
Dad brought in some fresh grass too I see....nice to see Mom go on a break, thanks for the zoom on Dad's tail stripe!
I was concentrating so much on the view of the eggs that I almost missed that there was a switch!

IrishEyes

Post by IrishEyes » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:15 pm

1:02pm,1:03pm

Well Bless his heart.Dad is home with a bunch of nice bedding and is spreading it.........Mom is not pleased.......she is chatting very loud at him........ Mom left.....I was zooming in on the eggs when Dad approached them. I checked Mom's perch and she wasn't there... and if she left over the river i missed her.,Dad is incubating the eggs.
Nice zoom on Dad's tail Dan...

1:15pm
I am out for supper.......If anyone wants the N PTZ Cam please take it..TY and I am staying logged in.

amd

Post by amd » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:04 pm

Had to step out for half hour, but I see Dad remains on the nest, and the eggs at 2:03 pm.
the wind is letting up ...

ADDED - 2:45pm (edit - not sure where I got that time from! more like, 2:25 pm) I hear trills in the distance, Dad threw his head up and replied a couple times, remains on the eggs
Last edited by amd on Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.