Welcome Hancock Wildlife Forum Members

Welcome to our temporary forum!
JudyB

Re: Welcome Hancock Wildlife Forum Members

Post by JudyB » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:30 am

11:30 am pacific time (I think)

Ken is aware that the website and forum are down, but he's not near a computer at the moment, and it may be an hour or so before he gets to where he can take a look and hopefully reboot it.

IrishEyes

Post by IrishEyes » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:42 am

11:42am
Thanks Judy.....
Live Cams : https://hancockwildlife.org/project/live-cams/

Be Respectful ! --- Bev !

IrishEyes

Post by IrishEyes » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:57 pm

It is 7:55pm April 28, 2015
I think the HWF is going down again.. :(

IrishEyes

Post by IrishEyes » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:10 am

Wednesday....April 29

6am
THe good news is that the HFW forum is streaming.....thank you Ken! and the sad news is that all the HMils cams are down...... disappointing with a hatch in progress..hope Ken can work his magic and get them streaming...

JudyB

Post by JudyB » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:14 am

Thursday, April 30

Good morning, everyone!

The Hancock Wildlife Foundation forum was down most of the day yesterday, and is still down this morning.

The Harrison Mills core observer team has been using this site to document yesterday's hatch, and observers for the other HWF cams are welcome to do the same, with the understanding that we do want to get as much information as possible back on the HWF forum once it's available, so this is a temporary thing.

You are welcome to invite others to check here for updates, and to join if they wish to post observations (please use your HWF forum user name so we can recognize you and approve your registration). I'd encourage everyone to read the first couple of posts in this thread as they provide more information about this site.

I do have alternate links for viewing at least most of the cams - the usual pages on the HWF site are down along with the rest of the site, and some people were having trouble accessing the WildEarth site yesterday - please let me know if there's a camera you want to watch and cannot get at WildEarth. Please note that our @hancockwildlife.org emails are not working, so either email my personal account if you have it or send me a PM here. Thanks!

jkr

Post by jkr » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:46 am

I spoke to Ken last night. He said he would try to get the HWF server up running today but it would likely run for only for a few hours. He had no specific time on when he thought he would be able to get it running.

JudyB

Post by JudyB » Fri May 01, 2015 5:20 am

Friday, May 1, 2015

The Harrison Mills embedded cams are down - I'm guessing Ken will need to work some magic before they can be streamed; the PTZ cams are working, and we'll be posting updates as much as possible.

There were issues with viewing the cams via WildEarth yesterday, and those seem to be resolved - but the Archives are not working for many of our cams. I've sent an email to Peter to let him know that, so hopefully they will be up and running again soon.

I do also have a backup for viewing the cams - so please let me know if there are more problems with the WE website. If they have distribution issues, there's nothing I can do because the cams I've embedded on my website use their code, the same as the cams on the HWF site and on their own site. If that makes sense.

JudyB

Post by JudyB » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:30 am

Friday, November 3, 2017

Welcome!

The Hancock Wildlife Foundation forum has been down since the afternoon of October 31st, and we are welcoming some new members here to stay in touch and provide updates for our cams while we wait for the forum to return. Please check out the first couple of posts in this thread for general information, such as how to post here, and the fact that only admins can post pictures because of space considerations.

I have sent Ken an email asking if there's any news I can share - didn't want to call him because I don't want to interrupt what he's doing, knowing just how busy he likely is trying to get the server fixed, and also doing renovations and in the process of moving - so very hectic for him right now. I'll post news on the HWF Forum Updates thread once I hear back from him.

If you have any questions, please let us know!

garyandjudi

Post by garyandjudi » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:45 pm

Hi fellow members and friends of DHW I finally made it here :clap: Which icon do I use to upload my captures I take from the cam?

JudyB

Post by JudyB » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:10 pm

Hi Judi - and welcome!

I'm afraid this is a simpler forum than what we have at Hancock Wildlife Foundation, so we don't have the ability to upload pictures. I am sorry about that - and I miss seeing all the pictures of our eagles - but reading about who is visiting the nest and what they are doing is nice, too.