White Rock Observations

This is a place to keep notes about what's happening at White Rock, Delta 2, Harrison Mills and Lafarge while we wait for the Hancock Wildlife site to be back on line.
JudyB

Re: White Rock Observations

Post by JudyB » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:49 pm

November 9, 2017
1:43 pm

I haven't had much time to watch the cams here this year - but I do love the view over Boundary Bay, even on an overcast day like today appears to be.

Not seeing any eagles now, but I went back a bit with the slider on the wide-angle cam, and see that a zoomer found someone perched in one of their favorite spots around 12:30 pm. Not sure if it's one of the resident pair, but it definitely looks like a full adult. Or at least I think it does - might be a bit dark around the eyes, but it could be the wind - looks very windy.

Took a quick look back on the close-up cam, and didn't see where anyone has been at the nest.

IrishEyes

Post by IrishEyes » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:48 am

November 10..2017

9:40a.No eagles in view !
I looked back on the slider and didn't see an eagle in the nest !
Live Cams : https://hancockwildlife.org/project/live-cams/

Be Respectful ! --- Bev !

JudyB

Post by JudyB » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:14 am

Monday, November 13, 2017

Good morning, everyone! Looks like a wild windy morning at White Rock - big whitecaps out on Boundary Bay.

7:32 am
I'd been away from the computer and came back to see an adult on the nest! Thanks for the good look, zoomers! The close-up cam is still in black and white, and the adult's feathers look sort of mottled, so some may be older feathers that will be replaced before too long. Not sure if it's one of the resident pair, or which one if it is one - I know they had some visitors not that long ago. This does look like a full adult - not seeing any dark coloring.

7:38 am
Off he or she goes!

amyklai

Post by amyklai » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:32 pm

We have not had any intruders for almost two weeks now , Mom and Dad are in residence and are doing rebuilding , we did have a falcon on Old tree the other day , Mom was watching from her perch
Video by 2chuckit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... Sk4rlLpL-M

JudyB

Post by JudyB » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:51 pm

Thanks so much for the update, Amy - great to hear that Mom and Dad are back and getting to work on the nest! And thanks for the video!

amyklai

Post by amyklai » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:42 am

11.42a
Dad in nest doing work today, Mom was watching from side branch, he joined her for a bit, He flew off first, and Mom flew to her fave perch, she left from there. Nothing visible on cams now,
Here is a video I did for work being done.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqIK-fe ... e=youtu.be

amyklai

Post by amyklai » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:17 am

7.15a Mom and Dad soaring this morning , both landed on old tree after , ( how i know it was them)

amyklai

Post by amyklai » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:58 am

Vidoe of Mom and Dad soaring this morning .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1-ioG4 ... e=youtu.be

amyklai

Post by amyklai » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:37 am

Mom and dad very early on WA tree , gone after a bit , I now find dad I think very low on old nest tree (9.36a)

amyklai

Post by amyklai » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:43 pm

While watching Dad earlier low on OT , he broke a branch from it and took it to nest , I followed him with both WA and North cams
1.51p Dad on side of nest , Mom on OT