Lafarge Observations

This is a place to keep notes about what's happening at White Rock, Delta 2, Harrison Mills and Lafarge while we wait for the Hancock Wildlife site to be back on line.
JudyB

Re: Lafarge Observations

Post by JudyB » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:33 pm

November 8, 2017
12:27 pm

There's an adult on the AN, and another on the top of the evergreen; there's also a crow on the evergreen, and I think the two of them are having a discussion!

Nice to see both of them!

And we still don't know when we'll be able to get the website and forum back online, but long before the website went down, we'd begun work on a new website using more up-to-date software. Our intent is still to continue using the current website and forum once the server issues are resolved and back on line, then slowly transition to the new site (and a new forum), leaving the old website and forum as an archive for research (and this as a backup - just in case).

But we rolling out one part of the new website, even though there are some quirky things - here's the new Live Cams page - http://hwf.simian-studios.ca/live-cams/!

stim

Post by stim » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:49 am

8:40 Starting my day with Lady on the SA and Pa looking to have just finished a meal in the AN. Wiping his beak on the nest rim, a few crows in accompaniment.
8:47 The cam has just swung back to show us Pa up on the AN rail now, Lady still on the SA.

JudyB

Post by JudyB » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:54 pm

1:52 pm
I don't know if they've been there all day, Sandra, but we still have one perched on the far right end of the Artificial Nest rail, and the other at the far left end of the Square Arch. Like most eagles, they do seem to spend a lot of time perched, looking over their territory - and unlike most of the ones we watch, they spend a lot of that time where we can see them with the cam!

IrishEyes

Post by IrishEyes » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:08 pm

4:43pm.. Both adults on right of the AN ....:love:
Live Cams : https://hancockwildlife.org/project/live-cams/

Be Respectful ! --- Bev !

stim

Post by stim » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:22 am

Good Day here! We had an eagle on the AN when I first arrived but now at 8:20 it is gone. There is now one on the SA.

8:24 Our eagle on the SA is on the tower like structure on our left, calling out to gulls as they fly by!
8:33 And it's gone, not to be found by the cam.

Eastvan Girl

Post by Eastvan Girl » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:08 am

Hi Everyone,
No eagles at the Pandora tree so far this morning. Yesterday a hawk was in the neighbourhood and the crows were going INSANE. An eagle was in the tree watching the whole thing. I guess he found it as entertaining as I did!

IrishEyes

Post by IrishEyes » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:42 am

9:40am..AN is empty!
Live Cams : https://hancockwildlife.org/project/live-cams/

Be Respectful ! --- Bev !

stim

Post by stim » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:58 am

Hi Christine and Bev, nice to see you here! :D I love your hawk story Christine!
9:54 One eagle is back on our left end of the SA. I also think I am spying one on the DE.

And that's all for now Folks! I'll grab my camera, visit some local nests while out and about today. Sun is shining, temp may hit 10*. :love:

steamer

Post by steamer » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:05 am

Yes I haven't seen much of the eagles around the Pandora nest tree in the last week.

The only bird activity of note in the neighborhood was a baby ring neck dove that appeared to get out of the nest early. No parents spotted after four days of daily walk by observations. Hid under a parked camper just half a block up from the nest tree. When I finally contacted Wildlife Rescue about the situation it appeared to finally decide to get airborne since it could not be found anywhere on the property when they showed up.
Last edited by steamer on Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

stim

Post by stim » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:20 am

Stan I'm sure you felt better having contacted Wildlife Rescue than had you not. You're a good man.
So far this morning, starting around 9:00 I have seen an eagle on the back AN rail, our right side while another eagle perched on the SA. Eagle was then seen on the LCE, SA was empty and the eagle on the AN rail continued its perch.

Eta...LCE eagle has now left the LCE. 9:19 Still only one on the AN. SA is also empty.

9:30 Both are now perched on the AN. It looks like Lady was the constant there while Pa tried out the SA and LCE.