SWFEC Discussion and Observations - 2017

This is a place to keep notes about what's happening at White Rock, Delta 2, Harrison Mills and Lafarge while we wait for the Hancock Wildlife site to be back on line.
gemini

SWFEC Discussion and Observations - 2017

Post by gemini » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:28 am

This thread is for Discussion and Observations of the Southwest Florida Eagle Cam

Link to cams - http://www.dickpritchettrealestate.com/eagle-feed.html (scroll down to choose a different cam)

SWFEC Mod

Re: SWFEC Discussion and Observations - 2017

Post by SWFEC Mod » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:33 pm

TEST NEST ACTIVITY - Monday November 6th

gemini

Post by gemini » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:07 pm

Welcome to your new temporary home! Hopefully we won't have to wait too much longer for the return of the HWF forum.

Be sure and check the FAQ at the top left of this page - there are answers to many questions there that will help you navigate the forum.

Enjoy! :)

Journi

Post by Journi » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:19 pm

Thank you so much for opening this temporary forum up for the SWFEC nest! :thumbup:

Miss everyone on the SWFEC forum! :grouphug:

It's been fun and amazing watching H&M on the live cam - Love watching the nest building! M is an amazing partner to Harriet and looks like he's really wanting some egglets to take care and provide for! He seems so comfortable laying in the nest. Harriet's foot kicking on M is interesting...can't blame M for doing some quiet side stepping away from her when that happens! :?

Hope everyone has a great weekend! I'm looking around in here and don't see anyone, yet, that I know! :beamup:
Looking forward to the live chat this Sunday! Hope to see everyone there! ;)

Kitcat11848

Post by Kitcat11848 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:05 pm

Hi everyone, yes, thank you gemini for opening this thread. I kept bugging Judy for an alternative forum access to Harrison Mills and Delta so she directed me here. Then lo and behold SWFL is here too. Really miss our forums. Can’t wait until chat starts tomrrow. Looks like Harriett is getting close- nest ready and lots of loving going on.

Journi

Post by Journi » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:53 am

I saw a great video today that shows what happens inside of a bird egg - very interesting and talk about a miracle happening! :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ah-gT0 ... ZMqH5dXMM8_

I hope to see more SWFEC forum buddies here soon! Who knows how long the new Hancock website/forum will take to get up and running!
I still don't know how I found this temp. forum! :dontknow:

I had some emails for some of you forum buddies, but when I switched over to Chrome I lost my list! Still searching for it though!

Exciting to see H&M getting ready for their new family! Love stick placement "talk"! :mrgreen:

Kitcat11848

Post by Kitcat11848 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:16 pm

Journi, I posted it somewhere, thought it was FB but I remember, you don’t do FB. So who knows, just glad you found it. Thanks for the article; very interesting. It appears Harriet might be blessing us with an egg any day. So excited for this new season.

Journi

Post by Journi » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:45 pm

Hi Kitcat! :D Well, we're still the only ones here...? I was hoping that more chatters were here by now! Yes, I don't have FaceBook, but I think I might have seen the information about this temp SWFEC forum on the Hancock Twitter page. I would sure like to connect with everyone - we're getting close to H&M's starting a new family!
Have a good night Kitcat! We're having up to 50 mph winds going on right now, so I guess I better go check to make sure everything is okay around here! Keep in touch! SED's!

Journi

Post by Journi » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:50 pm

Hi again....I just checked in on the SWFEC and the zoomie had a very closeup of Harriet's brood patch! Wish I could post the scap that I took of it! :thumbup:
So, I guess that means she's going to lay some eggs sometimes soon...?

Have a good night! Journi

A brood patch is a patch of featherless skin that is visible on the underside of birds during the nesting season. This patch of skin is well supplied with blood vessels at the surface making it possible for the birds to transfer heat to their eggs when incubating.

Kitcat11848

Post by Kitcat11848 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:48 pm

Yay!! Harriett laid her 1st today at 3:24 pm EST. Congrats SWFL eagles and eagholics.🦅🎉