Delta2 Observations

This is a place to keep notes about what's happening at White Rock, Delta 2, Harrison Mills and Lafarge while we wait for the Hancock Wildlife site to be back on line.
JudyB

Re: Delta2 Observations 2015

Post by JudyB » Fri May 01, 2015 2:20 am

Friday, May 1, 2015

2:14 am
No one was on the nest when I checked around 12:30 am, and the eggs were also alone as of a few minutes ago - and I just looked up to see someone on the nest settling in to incubate. I didn't see enough movement to be sure who it is. She(?) quickly tucked her head under her wing and appears to be sleeping.

5:21 am
Eggs are alone.

6:25 am
Adult arrived and is incubating. Checked Chat and they thought Pa - and he just got up and flew off at 6:27, and having seen him walk, I agree.

7:00 am
Someone is back and incubating.

10:22 am
Just noticed that the eggs were alone - and also noticed how leafy the tree is! I'm not sure when the adult left.

12:40 pm
I realized I hadn't seen the shadows move for a bit and refreshed the cam, and an adult was incubating. I think I'm not a very accurate observer.

stim

Post by stim » Fri May 01, 2015 1:30 pm

Being ready is good but I do hope we can go back home eventually.

I tuned in at 7:26 this morning to find Pa on the nest.

7:49 Poor Pa, still quietly brooding when growing hatchlings in the lower part of the nest started their loud cheeps for food. It was quite a ruckus breaking the morning silence. Pa jumped up, posed in an alert looking position, relaxed as cheeping subdued and resumed brooding. Those hatchlings (sparrow or starling, not sure) are getting louder by the day!

8:04 Pa gave both eggs a good turn, dug in the nest bowl then resettled giving his position a 1/4 turn.
8:19 Pa's up again to resettle in another 1/4 turn in position.
8:26 I came back into the room to find cams off. When I finally refreshed at 8:29 Pa was still brooding.
9:23 Still brooding.
9:34 Pa's up giving both eggs a good turn and back down.
9:54 Calling quietly.
9:56 Calling quietly looking up into tree.
10:00 Calling, looking around.
10:18 Pa is finally up and away after being on the nest since I tuned in, almost 3 hours ago.
11:25 Pa is still gone, 1 hr. 7 min.

1:14 I returned to find Pa back back at it, quietly brooding.
1:25 He moves both eggs, repositions back onto them.

Jetsetterdavis

Post by Jetsetterdavis » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:34 pm

I am going to put the camera up so I am on the zooming cam

23.34 pm 2/11/2017

Jetsetterdavis

Post by Jetsetterdavis » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:10 am

It looks like there is snow there, but I can't attach the image?

Jetsetterdavis

Post by Jetsetterdavis » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:11 am

5.09am I am off the cams

JudyB

Re: Delta2 Observations

Post by JudyB » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:57 am

Good morning, Cheryl - and welcome!

Only admins can attach photos here - the short reason is because I don't have my own servers like HWF has to store the pictures, and pictures can use up a lot of memory very fast. Please save your screenshots if you have a way to do that, and then they can be added once the regular forum comes back up.

This is an unusual event - first snow of the season - so I'm adding a screenshot.
20171103_001.jpg
I've also removed the year 2015 from the name of the thread. Because (we hope) it will only be used occasionally, and then a summary of the events will be moved to the forum when it comes back online, it doesn't make sense to me to have threads for each year - though I'm open to suggestions.

Jetsetterdavis

Post by Jetsetterdavis » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:52 am

Hi Judy, I can store pictures without a problem, so that is fine. Nice that the 2015 tag was taken off, makes it more like I am in the right place. Hopefully Ken will be able to sort the servers and get them working again so that your thread is not too full up!

Jean

Post by Jean » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:58 pm

Thanks Judy, I see that we are now getting the Delta2 cams via the new website! It is good to see both cams at the same time again! Thanks to you Judy, and Sharon and anyone else working on this.........a very big job.

JudyB

Post by JudyB » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:23 pm

Welcome, Jean! And thanks - it is quite the challenge!

The link to our new Live Cams page is http://hwf.simian-studios.ca/live-cams/ - and I expect it will continue running when the regular website and forum return, though we do have more tweaking to do. RitaR pointed out that when you first go to a cam page, the cam looks very wide - and once you click the Play triangle, it's the right size but has black borders unless you make the browser window narrower, so there's only an inch or so on either side of the cam. Then it looks normal. I'm guessing there's a way to make it look better regardless of the width of the browser window - but that's one of the many things I still have to learn!

Jetsetterdavis

Post by Jetsetterdavis » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:13 pm

Hello Judy, Jean, Lydia Sue, Rita and anyone I have forgotten to mention.

The new cam site is lovely, it looks really good. Thank you for the update email, I am sending positive thoughts to Ken and hoping that the last million fixes are easier to find for him.

The nest is looking good!

Cheryl