Lafarge Observations

This is a place to keep notes about what's happening at White Rock, Delta 2, Harrison Mills and Lafarge while we wait for the Hancock Wildlife site to be back on line.
gemini

Lafarge Observations

Post by gemini » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:15 am

This thread is to record any Lafarge Nest Cam or Ground observations while the HWF is offline.

Link to Sideview Cam at WildEarth:
http://www.wildearth.tv/cam/lafarge-side-view

Please copy or summarize all observations on the HWF forum when it's back online. Thanks!

gemini

Re: Lafarge Observations 2015

Post by gemini » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:50 am

9:48 am Forum is down still.

Eagle on the AN and no one on the LCE. Large bird on the church cross!

stim

Re: Lafarge Observations 2015

Post by stim » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:59 am

Hi Sharon! I have the cam up now without seeing any eagles It is very foggy, windy. About the only perching spot we watch that I can actually see is the AN, without eagles. It's the kind of day for them to find a protected hidey hole. :)

JudyB

Re: Lafarge Observations

Post by JudyB » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:10 pm

Hi gemini and stim - and welcome! I've changed the title of this thread to remove the year - we didn't have any observations until now, so 2015 wasn't really relevant, and the theory is more or less that we can use this occasionally for a few days while the forum is unavailable, then copy or summarize anything relevant back to the real forum, more or less. Thoughts?

And nice to know that the eagles have been around, and I hope the weather improves!

2:09 pm
Still looks very foggy. Waiting for the cam to cycle around to the AN.... And no one is there. I didn't see anyone anywhere else, but don't think I would have been able to see them unless they were holding a big red flashing banner or something.
:peek:

gemini

Post by gemini » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:27 pm

Hi Sandra and Judy and anyone else that wanders in!

3:11 pm Lady and Pa on the AN!
11-2-2017  3-11 pm.jpg

Added:

Is it all right to post scaps here, Judy? If not please let me know or delete it! :)

JudyB

Post by JudyB » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:00 pm

Took me a while to find the "post reply" button - definitely out of practice with this style forum!

It's OK to post the picture, Sharon - and I have no clue how to make it stay where you want it. :dontknow:

That said - it's possible that only admins can post pictures - and I'd ask everyone to limit them to pictures that show something significant (so no more pictures of Pa and Lady on the AN since we have one for the record - but if you see anyone who looks like Houdini sitting there with them - go for it!).

The reason is that even fairly small pictures take up a lot of room fairly quickly, and I don't own servers like HWF does - I use a web hosting company. And last I knew, they included "unlimited* space" - and the asterisk said something like "as long as your site's not too big. And anything we're likely to do here won't bump into that - unless we start uploading hundreds of pictures a day! So I've chosen to discourage pictures, and I think we limited them so only admins could post them, with the idea that we might need screenshots to show how things work.

And I just checked, and they're now saying I have "unmetered web space" - and when I asked what that meant, they said "You can upload any number of website files unless and until it affects the server performance." I've always had good response from my hosting company, so I don't think this is a trick or a trap or something - and I doubt if we could overload the site any time in this century with the few days a year we're using it at present. But I'm being careful. :)

gemini

Post by gemini » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:39 am

Good morning Everyone :D

10:35 am no eagles in sight since 10:05 am

2:05 pm. eagle (Lady, I think) on the AN - no one on the LCE

stim

Post by stim » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:30 am

Thank you for the guidance of only posting unusual pics here Judy. I know the SA is routine on cam but finding an eagle there is unusual as I did at 11:14 today. Also one on the AN rim. Beautiful sunny day there. They can come out of their hidey holes needed the past 2 days with cold temps and wet snow!
11:26 AN rim is empty. 11:27 So is the SA empty. 11:28 One atop the LCE. :peek:

gemini

Post by gemini » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:00 am

Good Morning everyone,

Just signed in on Wildearth and am getting the spinning circle for the most part. The cam comes up just long enough to see there is one eagle (I think Lady) on the AN. The LCE is empty.

Still no news on the forum's return. Just Ken and company are still working on it.

stim

Post by stim » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:49 am

I had the same problem with the cam this morning Sharon so hopped over to Harrison for a while.

Nov 8 The cam was more cooperative this morning. I had it open for over half an hour during which time Lady was perched on the AN. No sign of Pa.