Lafarge Observations

This is a place to keep notes about what's happening at White Rock, Delta 2, Harrison Mills and Lafarge while we wait for the Hancock Wildlife site to be back on line.
IrishEyes

Re: Lafarge Observations

Post by IrishEyes » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:33 am

Hi Judy...Sharon...Sandra...Chrisine..Stan and all >>

11:21 am...Pa AND Lady on the AN'

11:25a One.. on the AN ? Lady

11:28am .?Pa is over on the right of the square arch !
Live Cams : https://hancockwildlife.org/project/live-cams/

Be Respectful ! --- Bev !

IrishEyes

Post by IrishEyes » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:40 am

SUNDAY..NOVEMBER 12..2017

Good Morning Lafarge and everyone !
7:35a ...Pa and Lady are on the AN! :love:
Live Cams : https://hancockwildlife.org/project/live-cams/

Be Respectful ! --- Bev !

stim

Post by stim » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:02 am

Good morning everyone! It's so nice to see you here Bev!

8:53 We have an eagle on the LCE and one on the SA. Very foggy out there today. Cam keeps cutting in and out.
9:45 The eagle on the LCE is gone but 1 remains on the SA. No second sighting visible currently. The cam is really having a difficult time streaming.
10:19 I looked up to see both on the AN.

garyandjudi

Post by garyandjudi » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:07 pm

Hi Lafarge regulars, I tried to upload a capture of Pa and Lady but don't know this format....Judi

JudyB

Post by JudyB » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:08 am

Monday, November 13, 2017

Hi Judi! I'm afraid you'll have to save your picture to post when the regular forum is back online - because we don't have as much space here, we're just describing what we see instead of posting pictures.

And thanks, Sandra, Bev, Stan and Christine for your posts!

6:06 am
I'm not able to get the embedded cam. I was able to log in directly, but the cam is freezing a lot, which may be disrupting the stream that's sent to WildEarth for distribution. Looks windy from what I can see, and there's no one on the AN.

stim

Post by stim » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:37 am

Yes Judy, very windy along the Coast today. I do not see our eagles at any of the cam stops. I hope they're snuggled in somewhere with full crops.
The cam continues to stop and restart.

9:57 What could be 2 eagles on the church cross have been spotted. It is very difficult to tell with cam and weather conditions. I am going on size with possibility of white heads.
9:58 An eagle has just landed on the AN front right rail. Both birds now remain on the church cross. I suspect they are not eagles. :shock: :lol: Winds seem to have settled down for a bit but may pick up again this morning. They definitely have with great gusto where I am perched! Wow!
10:15 Both eagles are now on the AN rails, one on each end to the right.
10:47 Wind has picked up again here. One eagle is in the nest, the other in the middle of the closest rail, both braced in position facing into the wind.
10:54 Both eagles have left the AN. I suspect they have returned to a place of shelter from the obviously increasing winds. Cam is moving but more stable than earlier.

stim

Post by stim » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:38 am

Good day everyone! The weather continues to be a problem, wind, rain, fog. I'm not seeing eagles on any of our cam stops.

Eta @ 10:25...We had a lull in weather, an eagle landed on the AN but is gone now that wind seems to have picked up again.

11:42 There has been an eagle on the SA for quite a while now. Wind has calmed once again.

12:02 Now an eagle on the closer AN rail, our right end but not on the SA.

steamer

Post by steamer » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:46 pm

Sorry for the late report...busy day.

A very wet Pa was on his favorite westerly perch beside the Pandora nest at 2 PM today folks. Holding on tight in the wind and rain!

stim

Post by stim » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:08 am

Thank you for your report Stan! I'm sure Pa did have to hang on tight yesterday!
For now the sun is shining and we have 1 eagle on an AN rail, wings slightly hanging as if they've been drying out.

9:12 And now the AN is empty.
9:13 One eagle seen at the top of the LCE.
9:41 Eagle has left the LCE. None seen on the cam rounds.

stim

Post by stim » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:43 am

Good morning! It is brighter out there today, some sun, no wind.
8:41 An eagle flew onto an AN rail, the farther one, right end. No one else seen on cam rounds.
8:50 Now they are both perched on the AN. :love: One on our right end of each rail. I think it is Lady closest to the cam.
9:08 Both are now gone from the AN, none seen on cam anymore.
9:26 An eagle is seen landing on the LCE, in from the right.
10:13 Eagle is perched on the far AN rail our right end while the other remains perched on the LCE.
10:49 Our eagles remain on the LCE and AN. I'm now out.